[wp-hackers] GSOC - comment moderation proposal

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 20:48:56 UTC 2010

On 30 Mar 2010, at 18:33, TobiasBg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while I generally like the idea, I'm not sure that this is enough for a project.

I strongly disagree.

Just because there are examples of implementations for what people are proposing to work on does not mean that there is not enough for a project.

I think the is a lot of work going to be involved to get something which works really well for this and is intuitive to use.

> The parent changing is already available: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/move-wordpress-comments/
> As well as moving to another page with the same plugin (on frontend and backend).

Just checked this out and yes it provides the functionality but not in the slick kind of way it could be provided.

> As nacin already said, there's also a plugin for comment reply notifications.

I wouldn't see that as something we would expect to bundle into core at the moment and does have a good "solution" so I would definitely recommend keeping this outside the scope of the GSOC application

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5