[wp-hackers] GSoC 2010

Ralph Bergmann ralph at dasralph.de
Mon Mar 29 23:31:27 UTC 2010

Am 29.03.10 17:50, schrieb Alex Hempton-Smith:
> Obviously make it compatible for single installs, but think of the
> power of making it multi-site aware... 3.0 allows you to run
> multiple blogs off one install, with different subdomains.

I think the most common way is to use it on one site (www.eclipsecon.org
as an example) but they have an archive. Such an
archive is a feature of this plugin.

On the other hand there are some conferences which can have multiple
sites (wordcamp, eclipse demo camp
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamp)).

It should work with both types.

> Being able to have speakers assigned to conferences across the
> network..?

I think this is a cool feature for speakers which goes from conference
to conference. But it need a way (and the permission) to share the data
between different blogs.

A other problem is, that I would like to embed a image-crop-feature for
the speakers profile image to fit it into the theme. But different blogs
can have different themes with different profil image dimensions :(

Okay it is time to go to bed... here in Germany... good night

Ralph

--

Ralph Bergmann

www              http://www.dasralph.de/
mail             ralph at dasralph.de
skype            dasralph

xing             http://www.xing.com/profile/Ralph_Bergmann3
linkedin         http://www.linkedin.com/in/ralphbergmann
facebook         http://www.facebook.com/dasralph

pgp key id       30C4ECD8
pgp fingerprint  C6E4 3435 7CC8 5008 54EC 1C86 4176 7F75 30C4 ECD8