[wp-hackers] GSoC 2010

Justin Shreve justin.shreve at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:28:15 UTC 2010

I think it's an interesting idea. You should check into what is already
being done first. For example check out the various conference sites at
http://wordcamp.org - and see what they are using and how the different
sites are setup.

I would also look at http://wccpco.eventstart.com/ and the various features
there and http://www.eventbrite.com/ (which I think powers some of the
WordCamps).

In terms of your proposal:

- user can create one or more speaker profile(s)
- user can create one ore more session(s) and link this with the speaker
profile

I think you need to elaborate a bit more on some of the features you can
bring. These two items for example can be done pretty easily with custom
pots types or just linking a "user" (speaker) to a "post" (event/session).

Do you have a full proposal you can paste here?

- Justin