[wp-hackers] Best way to abort Plugin installation

TobiasBg wp-hackers at tobias.baethge.com
Sat Mar 27 10:53:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

> You should do it *before* the activation hook. I have a bootstrap file
> that contains my plugin's header and license information, and it
> performs checks to make sure everything is in place. If the requirements
> are met, it includes and instantiates my plugin's main controller class.

So this means, that you allow the plugin to actually get activated (in the WP sense), it just has no functionality if those checks aren't fulfilled (because the bootstrapper doesn't load the plugin's core)?

Doesn't that mean that the checks are performed on every page load?

Do you have sample code to share? Or maybe the link to your plugin in the repository?

Does anyone know other plugins that are doing a kind of activation check?

Thanks!
Tobias