[wp-hackers] [GSOC-Proposal] Application prototype

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Thu Mar 25 18:29:55 UTC 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Sebastián Ventura wrote:
> The second proposal is adding a slideshow option to the top of the add new
> blog post page, so people can just simply click on the symbol (that would be
> next to videos and images when you are posting a new psot) and add as many
> pictures as they like as well as different templates on how the slideshow
> should look. They should also be able to add descriptions for each image
> uploaded that would change as the images change. The blog post would be a
> static thing in the slideshow.
> I think that AJAX is what should power the slideshow so the browsers don't
> have to refresh the whole page to show each image and description. I would
> also love if there could be a way for adding different templates to
> slideshows.

FWIW I just spent a full day researching AJAX slideshow functionality and although the demos are ugly I couldn't find a better mix of functionality and ease of coding than jCarousel Lite:

http://www.gmarwaha.com/jquery/jcarousellite/

I had selected it a year ago for a project but I assumed something better must have come along since then but that wasn't the case, at least that I could find.

-Mike