[wp-hackers] GSoC 2010, WordPress.org Profiles

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Wed Mar 24 18:19:56 UTC 2010

My biggest request would be to handle various activities more
accurately, especially WRT trac and codex. Any tiny change I make on
the forum is noted in detail but only new trac tickets created are
marked. I'd like to see trac comments or at least patch uploads listed
there, as that is often a better marker of activity than new tickets.
Similarly any  edit on the codex is worth at least as much as a forum
post, so those should be logged as well.

Another small change would be to show numbers next to the links to
different activity types at the top. That would cover a lot of ground
in terms of quickly seeing how much stuff people are doing, as well as
making it easy to check a specific one (like how many codex edits or
how many trac patches).

I'm not sure how hot I am for a karma system, it seems kind of
awkward. If nothing else it should definitely be designed with the
goal of making awesome contributors shine a little extra without
making anyone look bad or inactive.

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org