[wp-hackers] Access files inside a plugin directory?

Jeff Rose mirepup at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 22:29:42 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone, sorry to interrupt, and I hope this is the correct place for
this question.

I have a plugin that has a data file that goes with it. Right now, that
datafile has to be located in the site root in order for the plugin to
access it.

Is it possible to have that data file reside in my plugin directory, so the
user doesn't have to upload it separately?

On my test blog, it's throwing a 404 error with the basic WP .htaccess file.
I have verified the correct path, and even attempting to access the file
directly throws a 404.

Thoughts?