[wp-hackers] Best functions in WP for bulk MySQL processing?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun Mar 14 11:26:08 UTC 2010

On Mar 14, 2010, at 1:20 AM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:
> You might like to have a look at the Search and Replace plugin for inspiration.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

> As for reducing memory consumption, You might be best doing replacements at the SQL layer using REPLACE(): http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/string-functions.html#function_replace

I'm trying to avoid calling SQL directly. I'm technically capable but trying to stick with WP's abstraction layer.  Maybe this is just one area that is too far outside of that limit?

I guess another way would be page through the database and load ~100 records at a time...

-Mike