[wp-hackers] "Masking" a domain name in a wordpress install

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Mar 3 15:57:26 UTC 2010

WordPress uses the two URL settings on the Settings->General page to
determine how to build links.

So if foo.com/bar_root/something is equivalent to bar.com/something
*and both links actually will work*, then you can just change those
two URL settings to reflect the URLs you want to use.

Important: The links must work *before* you change the settings.
Because the second you change the settings, the whole site uses them,
and if the links don't work, the site will stop working too.

-Otto