[wp-hackers] WPMU Category ID Updating

Tim Schoffelman tim at silentgap.com
Mon Mar 1 16:47:31 UTC 2010

The problem with @donncha's example (
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12206) when he say's we can use
is_category('test') is stated in his previous sentences when he talks about
changing the name of the category. He say's the ID's change if you were to
update the blog category at all (which when he explains it, I understand
where he's coming from & why they went that route), but in my humblest
opinion, that's still a flaw, because you'll have to go back and update your
is_category('test') to is_category('tests') or whatever the new name is.

Thoughts?