[wp-hackers] Members Database

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 21:18:24 UTC 2010

Yes, each member will have quite a bit of meta (mailing address, telephone)
which I was going to have as usermeta, would it be unwise to do that? I keep
hearing that with the flexibility of WP core its inadvisable to create
tables, that you can achieve it all under the hood.

The first iteration of the membership database was a custom table, but that
was before we needed to have WP user accounts. Also, the usermeta system
built in is far more flexible if we need to add extra stuff in later...

-- Alex  (Hempsworth)