[wp-hackers] Custom Post Type + Capabilities & Roles

Joaquin Rodriguez Montero yojoaquin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 16:13:47 UTC 2010

Andrew, Jake,

Thanks for your comments. I'm not able to create the new role that can
submit questions for review.. I was able to send it via the front end using
the quickpress widget, that works great btw. Yet I'd like them to use the
admin.

Andrew, I've noticed that I was missing the plural aspect. You said "Also,
don't give meta capabilities like edit_question to a role. Those get
re-mapped depending on context to the primitive capabilities, like
edit_questions, edit_published_questions, etc." What do you mean by "those
get re-mapped to the primitive cap"? How can I tell WP to map que cap set on
the post type to that user and deny him the publish_questions cap?

Should I *just* set the new role the edit_questions capability?

Thank again!

In two hours Argentina vs Mexico so off to have a bbq!

Chocks