[wp-hackers] Password reset links breaking?

Mike Walsh mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 26 13:55:41 UTC 2010

I use WordPress to manage a web site for our swim team.  Users have to login
to register their children for swim team but once they've done that, many
don't login again until the next season.  I get a lot of requests for
assistance with passwords and password resets.  Recently I asked a couple of
the people who've had trouble to forward the password reset e-mail they
receive to me and what I am seeing is the link being broken across two
lines.

With a user base which isn't super technical, many people don't know how to
"fix" the URL, it is simply broken for them.

I am wondering if the Wordpress URL short link could be used for these
e-mails.  Is anyone aware of a plugin that already does this or any reason
why this won't work should  I choose to try and develop a plugin for it?

Thanks,

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike underscore walsh at mindspring dot com