[wp-hackers] Math Comment Spam Protection plugin 2.2 doesn't work with WP 3.0

Michel Bozgounov info at optimiced.com
Mon Jun 21 10:27:35 UTC 2010

> From: scribu<scribu at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Math Comment Spam Protection plugin 2.2
> 	doesn't	work with WP 3.0...

> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Michel Bozgounov<info at optimiced.com>wrote:
>
>> ...but it was working perfectly with WP 2.9.2 and lower (down to WP 2.0.5,
>> when I first tested the plugin).
>>
>> (My first post here, I hope it's the right place...)
>>

> Actually, no. You should report the problem in the support forum for that
> plugin:
>
> http://wordpress.org/tags/math-comment-spam-protection

As I mentioned (I think I did), the Math Comment Spam Protection plugin
is no longer developed by the original author. There is no point in
posting here:
   http://wordpress.org/tags/math-comment-spam-protection
because the author will never answer support questions. :(

So I was trying to understand myself, what was the core change in WP
2.9.2 > 3.0 that made this simple plugin 100% un-usable.

Any hints into the right direction will be greatly appreciated! (Where
should I look in the WP code and in the code of the plugin?)

This plugin worked fine for many years, and was perfectly OK with WP 2.0
till 2.9. It doesn't work only in 3.0.

Stephen Rider suggested to me to try Quiz plugin instead
(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quiz/) which I am currently doing.
But still, I'd like to see if the Math Spam Protection plugin could be
fixed and perhaps re-released for WP 3.0 and above...

Thanks again!

Cheers,
--Michel