[wp-hackers] Long term suckage

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:08:06 UTC 2010

On 6/18/10, Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:
> Indeed poorly implemented change management control can be a real pain.

Like a single character that took down a sizable portion of the
easy-to-tick-off tech blogging world, perhaps? *wink*

> This tends to get in the way of /any/ change though so I'm not sure that a
> security backport process would help.
>
> I sometimes wonder if one of the blockers to upgrade for sites is where the
> site has been sold as a one of cost.

You mean a "one-off" cost? Sometimes that's the issue. Other times,
it's bureaucracy run amok, with endless meetings that are little more
than territorial scrambles by self-interested parties, the insane
diktats of which line engineers and IT admins will have to make a show
of implementing lest the entire thing be shown to be a giant sinkhole
of time, money and serotonin and which results in little more than
security kabuki theater.

*grumble* *grumble*

--
-Doug