[wp-hackers] Custom fields for attachments

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Fri Jun 18 19:03:06 UTC 2010

Jon,

I'm assuming you want two new fields to show on the Upload Media form and or the form under the Media nav. Simple enough.

There are two actions you want to hook into

attachment_fields_to_edit and attachment_fields_to_save

The first action lets you add fields to the media popup form. The second action gets called when the user saves the form. This will let you process the form fields and update the post meta or whatever.

Do a search via Google to find some code examples. I wrote a plugin called Media-Tags which does this.

P-