[wp-hackers] Post excerpts within the_content filter callback functions

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 04:24:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> Question: Are your shortcodes actually being applied at this point in
> the code?

Yep. I'm using a test shortcode plugin which just outputs some text,
but I noticed the problem originally with shortcodes in my own 'Plugin
Info' plugin and subsequently tested it with a few other random
plugins that use shortcodes.

> Several plugins I've seen hide the add_shortcode function
> call behind some sort of function that only takes place on the main
> blog page itself, not in the admin screens.

I'm only testing it on the blog's front page. Haven't tested it on
posts in the admin screens.