[wp-hackers] Wordpress StackExchange is ready.

Arlen Beiler arlenbee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:57:55 UTC 2010

In case I didn't make it clear, the proposed StackExchange site is for
everyone except the *end-users* of hosted Multi-sites (like WordPress.COM).
Those should have their own help system.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> I will certainly not be participating on StackExchange, mainly because
> I still can't actually figure out how the stupid site actually works.
> It seems to reward ignorance as best I can tell, because I'm seeing
> tons of blatantly incorrect answers being very highly rated (I think
> that's what the numbers mean, anyway.. it's so difficult to tell).
> There's tons of spam, and frankly I find the whole thing confusing and
> more than a little annoying. How does anybody get anything done there?

What you are looking at is the proposal. The junk questions (spam) are
off-topic questions, or rather, questions that won't belong on the site when
it is started. These are needed now to define what it is for.