[wp-hackers] Status of sitewide categories/terms in WP3

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:08:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm on the verge of finishing a plugin (bbAggregate) which allows you to
aggregate posts from different blogs in the same WP3 install to be
aggregated based on sitewide categories.

According to this http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12666 this
functionality has some issues, but it is not clear what these issues
are. I have used the same functionality in WordPress MU for multiple
clients with success and would like to be able to use it in future WP
releases as well since my clients depend on it.

My questions are:

1) What are the future plans for sitewide categories and?
2) What needs to be done to keep the functionality? Regardless of it
being part of the core.
3) What are the the remaining issues preventing this from working stable?

I can't find more info other than "the sky will fall on your head" with
regards to the issues and the info in
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12666 is not helping (yet).

Any help or pointers on more information much appreciated!

--

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Concordiastraat 68-126
3551 EM Utrecht
The Netherlands

phone: +31 6 49 74 78 70