[wp-hackers] Category/Tag/Taxonomy Meta Data

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Jun 1 04:55:21 UTC 2010

At present there is no Term metadata available in Core WP. A number of
plugins I've run accross store the metadata as a serialised string inside
the Description element for the term, A few others create their own metadata
table.

There is a Trac ticket for adding Taxonomy Metadata:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10142