No subject

Fri Jan 29 04:20:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Brian Layman <Bulk at thecodecave.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  A more appropriate  action would be to consider comments a post
> type.  That would be a hard one to argue against especially because you
> could even do things like promoting a comment to be a Post/top point in a
> conversation. Not that I look forward to that expensive merge process..

You can't have comments in the post table because most comments don't come
from logged-in users. As such, the wp_comments table has several
user-related columns.

I never liked the duplication that occurs: when a logged-in user leaves a
comment: his email, for example, is stored both in the wp_users table, and
the once more for each comment.

The first time somebody leaves a comment, we could create a new user, with
the "commenter" role.

Later, if somebody wants to comment with the same email, but with a
different name, a new password will be sent to them via email, verifying
that it's the same person.

--
http://scribu.net