[wp-hackers] plugin frameworks...

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 10:56:36 UTC 2010

Hi Stephen,

Failing to find what I needed or expected I sat down to write my own.
For big part it's already ready (I based a simple plugin on it), but
probably just a bit raw yet. Using some interesting bits inside (at
least they're going to simplify my later plugin production immensely).

I like your versioning idea, never thought about it. Could be really
handy. But why such complex approach? What will happen if user will
deactivate plugin with newest Strider version, the whole thing will
failback to old one again, right? Why not to place Strider files right
in wp-plugins/ folder (without plugin meta info) and just include them
once from there? I think that's what I will do in the end. Any bad
sides to this?

Thanks,

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Davit Barbakadze wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here use them actually? Some may simplify plugin
>> development somehow, by at least providing good file/directory
>> structure or even some kind of mvc framework.
>
> Mine's not very polished -- the others you've been shown probably do things differently, but it may be worth a look:
>
> Strider Core:
> <http://code.google.com/p/strider-core/>
>
> Stephen
>

> --