[wp-hackers] adding more than 4 widgets to default sidebar

Chris chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 17 12:22:41 UTC 2010

I was using Firefox 3.5.2
Have tried it again after removing all widgets, and my earlier
description was too simplistic - it is not necessarily 4 widgets, and
not consistent.
Made it happen again, but after a long sequence of add, re-arrange
order, remove etc. The only common thing I saw was that the widget list
background (grey in default) normally extends when the added widget is
open, and this seems to create the extened backgorund space for the next
widget.
On the 2 occasions I found, the background box did not extend and look
to have room for another widget.
I also noticed that you have to drag the new widget around the blank
area a bit to get it to show the dotted marker and allow to drop, so
sometimes it _appears_ not to work just because you haven't picked up
the "hotspot" area.

Sorry cannot be more precise, and it's only a minor issue, so if no-one
else has mentioned then it's not a problem :)

After all that, I must say the 2.9 interface is lovely compared to
earlier 2.2 - so good work by the many contributors, which I greatly
appreciate!

Chris