[wp-hackers] A question about donation link

aaron at xavisys.com aaron at xavisys.com
Fri Jan 15 00:19:42 UTC 2010

Of course plugins aren't allowed to put a link for the plugin or author outside the admin panel unless it's opt in (not opt out), so plugins and themes are already treated at least a little differently.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with a donation link as mentioned, as long as it's worded as being optional.  If you say "To uncheck this box and hide the credits, you must first donate" then that would be different (in my opinion).