[wp-hackers] fixes for old versions

Shane A. Froebel shane at bugssite.org
Thu Jan 7 04:29:23 UTC 2010

I think the deal was that once the MU changes came out, 2.8 support was
going away and 2.9 was for urgent security related releases only.

Since 2.9 will have a longer life because of the 3.x development cycle
of 6 months or more there should be plenty of time for plugin/theme
authors to update there code to deal with the MU changes.

This is one the reasons after the initial 3.0 scope of work is laid out,
we figure out how to better communicate to the plugin developers of
features/functions/queries work before they are brought live.

I think once we hammered out the 3.0 cycle, we should know what to
expect in 3.0 in terms of backwards compatibility or compatibility as
stuff is changed and removed from the system.

Your Friend, Shane
http://bugssite.org/