[wp-hackers] PostgreSQL wordpress

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Feb 24 03:56:49 UTC 2010

Did you make any changes to WordPress other than the db class? Core hacks
are not encouraged, even for this. WordPress has a way to extend the wpdb
class, via a wp-content/db.php 'drop-in' file. There are numerous plugins
out there that allow for custom database engines, including pg.

Not sure if you saw this, but there's a codex page on the theory behind a
lot of this. Pretty sure it links to some db.php plugins as well:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Alternative_Databases