[wp-hackers] Mysql crash

Stlib staraclib at free.fr
Fri Feb 19 16:31:59 UTC 2010

Hello !

I have recently moved a Wordpress blog into a new servor which has these caracteristics : debian, mysql 5.0.51a-24, 16GB of ram.

The mysql crashed regularly with this log info:

100219 12:50:42 - mysqld got signal 6;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=134217728
read_buffer_size=131072
max_used_connections=40
max_connections=2000
threads_connected=7
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections = 4483056 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd=0x153f280
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Cannot determine thread, fp=0x153f280, backtrace may not be correct.
Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, fp=0x153f280, stack_bottom=0x44a20000, thread_stack=131072, aborting backtrace.
Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
thd->query at 0x145fc30 = SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS distinct wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts  LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id)  LEFT JOIN wp_term_taxono$
thd->thread_id=6120
The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains
information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.

Can anyone knows about this problem ? I found on wp-hackers that advanced category excluder plugin may be the source of the problem (here: http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2009-October/027973.html ).
If this plugin is the problem, why didn't the server crash on the old servor, before the migration, whereas the old servor is less powerful than the new ?

Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad english, I'm from France ! ;)