[wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In AndAroundTheCategory Side Of Things

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Sun Feb 14 02:32:55 UTC 2010

From: "Charles Frees-Melvin" <charles at cefm.ca> Thursday, Feb 11, 2010
> It would however interfere with the slugs of pages and could create
> conflicts. As currently there is top level taxonomy for pages. It  really
> could hurt the pages functionality if there was no taxonomy for
> categories.

Fair enough, I know when WP was being created they most likely never thought
about Custom Taxonomies, let alone any of the finer details with regards to
the rewrite rules it now has in place, but, (unless I missed something)
what's wrong with something like...?

http://www.site.com/contact/ - Which will be a page!

/?post=hello-world
/?page=contact
/?taxonomy=people

http://www.site.com/hello-world/ - That'll be the post URL!

/?post=hello-world
/?page=contact
/?taxonomy=people

http://www.site.com/people/ - And oddly enough, we have the custom taxonomy!

/?post=hello-world
/?page=contact
/?taxonomy=people

So in theory, what it'll do is search between a POST, PAGE and TAXONOMY for
a match! =)

Have I just completely missed the point, or what, to me that looks pretty
simple!