[wp-hackers] Getting rid of /category/ -> solutions Category SideOf Things

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Fri Feb 12 15:39:46 UTC 2010

From: "Jeff Waugh" <jdub at bethesignal.org> Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010
2:26 AM
> Wow, the rest of the thread got a little intense!

I'm not sure about that! ;)

> I use <http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-no-category-base/> to do so.
> It's quite a bit more sophisticated than most others I've seen, and
> actually
> molests the rewrite table to handle pages/categories at the top level.

The problem with plugins, not them all I may add, but you'll always get one
(could be similar) that'll stop being supported after a period of time and
you're now back to square one again, just take a look at the 'Top Level
Categories' plugin, it was last updated in March of 2008 and is only
compatible to WP 2.5! - We're almost ready to hit 3.0, a lot of thing have
changed since then!