[wp-hackers] Changes to sanitize_title

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Wed Dec 29 17:20:40 UTC 2010

I've seen changes to sanitize_title function and filter [1] and I'm not sure
how this affects usage I'll describe.

Since in Serbian language we use Cyrillic script, we made optional
transliteration to Latin characters for URL slugs [2]. Our outdated and bad
code is based on older version of plugin Cyr-To-Lat [3]. There was a check
if there is a $_POST so that slugs are transliterated only on savings.

Now that there is context, should we safely remove this check for $_POST and
only apply transliteration when context is 'save'?

Thank in advance.

[1] http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/15929
[2]
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/sr_RS/trunk/dist/wp-content/languages/sr_RS.php