[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Iain Cambridge wackiebackie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 17:17:20 UTC 2010

The key word there is opinion, I just did a quick search for "GPL
Violations obfuscated code" to see if there has been a test case to
make this not just an opinion but fact. Again, the license doesn't
apply to the copyright holder therefore they can distribute the item
in any way they like.

I do agree tho that not having GPL code in open plain human readable
freely available code is lame.  I just don't agree with people saying
you can't GPL obfuscated code when there seems to be nothing within
the GPL itself that explictly says so and there seems to be no test
case stating so.

Iain