[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 04:25:14 UTC 2010

not to start an argument but that's not entirely true, it depends on how you
look at open source.  If you look at open source as a program licensed with
freedoms to modify the code freely than yes, if you look at open source as a
program where the source is available (ie not closed source) then not
necessarily.

Look at Creative Commons, it requires you to keep such links, the
attribution requirement, though depending on what licensed is chosen you can
still be able to otherwise modify the work, or even distribute it or
derivative works.  Now some could argue that CC doesn't constitute open
source, but again it comes back to the definition used.

:P
FTW