[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and Media Attachments

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 02:57:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Becky Resler <becky.absolute at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is obviously something else going on that is preventing the
> image from being inserted into the WYSIWYG text area. I just need to
> find the time to dig into the code of the media uploader to see what
> criteria is looked at in order to show the *Insert into Post* button.

I've just found the root of this problem. When you upload an image (or
select one from your media library) the "Insert Into Post" button is
only displayed if the post type supports 'editor'. The conditional in
question can be found on line 1166 of /wp-admin/includes/media.php.

It looks like there isn't a filter available anywhere to change this
behaviour, but I'm hunting for one now as I have the same problem as
you Becky.

John