[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Dec 13 00:35:40 UTC 2010

On Dec 12, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Michael Torbert wrote:
> Most are.  iThemes, Gravity Forms, All in One SEO Pack - Pro, Shopp, and Getshopped are
> all definitely GPL.
> Also, both versions of All in One SEO Pack explicitly are GPL.

Thanks for the clarity.

> BTW, if it isn't explicitly stated that it's a different (GPL-compatible)
> license, it is GPL by default.

As applied to what?  All plugins?  Or something else?

If the former, I have at least one attorney who is one of the leading intellectual property attorneys in Atlanta who has given me his opinion otherwise. FWIW.

BTW, don't shoot the messenger; I'm not advocating for or against GPL.  I'm only advocating for fact-based clarity.

-Mike