[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Dec 11 17:48:11 UTC 2010

I was not writing about technical, but methodology on branching. Subversion
by design of being centralized wants everyone to work on the same Trunk or
branch. You can see this with WordPress.org development, so don't tell me
I'm wrong. I do not see many feature branches and this is what I'm talking
about. The very nature of GIT or decentralized is one which wants you to
work on branches and then merge back into the main. Is this or is this not
true?

I could go into more details, but it has already been described. I think
someone should go through and provide a detailed summary of this thread.
Most of the information is of value and when this comes up in another 6 or 7
months, it would benefit those people to already have a guide of what was
debated. I think I might start it, since it may help me convince people in
the future.

Jacob Santos