[wp-hackers] After Publish Revisions

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 02:07:44 UTC 2010

Custom post statuses aren't quite fullt there...see
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12706

Why don't you just use the pending post status?

On Dec 10, 2010 10:37 AM, "Kevin Newman" <CaptainN at unfocus.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm going to add the ability to edit a post (and it's metadata) after it has
been published but not to take affect immediately (meaning an editor or
admin will have to approve the changes). I'm going to add all the necessary
new capabilities and custom post_status, and build off the existing
auto_save and revisions system in WP. I want to do this as cleanly as
possible - model it on the way existing systems work in WP core.

Is there any info that might help with this - history on previous attempts
at it, etc.?

Here is a quick initial stab at some of the data stuff:

I'm guessing I'll need to add:
post_type:    publish_revision
post_status: inherit

Alternatively, for custom post types:
post_type:    custom_post_name
post_status: publish_revision

Or it might require both, I'm not sure yet - and I'll be essentially
modifying the" after publish revision" (for lack of a better term) to match
an auto-draft (post_status) or a revision (post_type) by resetting the
post_name, and post_parent fields.

I'm just starting this process, and will be testing various things today.

Thanks,

Kevin N.