[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Fri Dec 10 10:38:37 UTC 2010

Otto wrote:
> My preferred way of accepting patches for plugins (to pick an example)
> is via email. It's easy, everybody knows how to use it, etc. If I used
> a repository system for it then I'd spend more time screwing around
> with that than I did coding.

One last email before I butt out, like I should have a long time ago:

Linus agrees, hence why the tool to make patches (`git format-patch`)
makes an email file, and the tool to apply patches (`git am`) applies
from .mbox format. Personally, I think using patches with git works
perfectly fine if you want to use it that way.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>