[wp-hackers] Pages still visible to audience after setting it back to "Draft"?

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Thu Dec 9 19:00:34 UTC 2010

On 12/9/2010 1:41 PM, Oliver Schlöbe wrote:
> But when a page has been published before, and you set back the status
> of that page to "Draft", non logged in users can suddenly see the
> page, although it's a Draft.
> Bug or feature? :)

That sounds to me like you are using a caching plugin that doesn't
properly clear the cached page when the status is changed back to
draft.  I could see how that condition could easily be missed. Usually
pages saved as draft won't ever have been visible, so why attempt to
clear the page cache of something that won't exist.

After the page is demoted to draft, try doing this:
http://exaple.com/draft-page?foo  and I bet you will get a 404... ?foo
can be any random characters

Or if you are using wp-cache2, supercache, w3totalcache/whatever try
clearing all caches  after the you have demoted the post..

-Brian