[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.0.3

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Thu Dec 9 06:56:10 UTC 2010

On 12/8/2010 3:52 PM, Blue Chives wrote:
> Was the first only a partial release and have we more coming (ie we'll wait for the last of these)?

You should try to discourage this attitude in your newer tech savvy
friends.  If you hold off on updating, it should be because the
particular details of the vulnerability don't apply to the site's
situation not because there were two security releases within a short
period of time.  Delaying the application of a security update because
there might be another hole fixed soon is like saying "I'm not going to
block this kick to my head, because I think I might be taught another
block real soon now."  When updating a site is as easy as it is for tech
and non-tech alike, it should just be done.

  -Brian