[wp-hackers] Page Templates vs Category Templates

Charles Frees-Melvin wordpress at cefm.ca
Thu Dec 2 22:44:43 UTC 2010

Think of it this way too. A term links topics together but they have properties too.

In my instance I have a radio station. I use a custom taxonomy "shows" for my show listing.

Shows has a Title, a Slug, a short blurb (description) and all it's posts.

But it is also has a thumbnail, Times it airs, etc.

Now a custom post type, but to have the ability to post posts for each show I need a taxonomy.

Using additional terms allows more control in this case. I'm not even suggesting that we need to create a new table but more of a custom fields array field in the wp_terms table.

Thus allowing additional descriptions etc

--
Charles E. Frees-Melvin

Sent from my Rogers iPhone 3G