[wp-hackers] Page Templates vs Category Templates

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Dec 2 11:10:24 UTC 2010

Ah yeah I do that in comicpress with a drop down selection of which layout
the user wants to use.

In the header at the very bottom I put a get_template_part('layout','head');
and first line of the footer get_template_part('layout','foot'); which
handles the layout code, and based on the user selection I wrote an if
(comicpress_is_layout('standard,vertical')) {  then handle it.  each of the
pages only contains the 'content' of those specific pages, while the layout
pages handle the sidebars etc how the content is displayed, etc.

Think I have 11 different layouts, most with their own widths and some
without certain sidebars etc.

Catching up on reading the whole thread right now.