[wp-hackers] Code reviews for plugins?

Mark E mark at simplercomputing.net
Mon Aug 23 04:09:08 UTC 2010

On 08/22/2010 09:21 PM, Mike Schinkel wrote:
  2.) Focus on the top 15% of plugins by download and use

Scenario:

Tomorrow someone uploads a new plugin, or maybe there are 5000 plugins
already upload and in use but that don't get reviewed because they're
either new or not in the top 15% yet. By the time a plugin becomes
pppular enough for review it's too late, countless sites already use it.

So what is the value of of the review process if it can't be reasonably
used to communicate something to end users? What's the message that will
be sent? Would it be "we have 6872 plugins available for Wordpress! But
you shouldn't use any of them except the 245 that we have reviewed" ?

Mark