[wp-hackers] custom_post_type and custom taxonomy naming

Angelia Baladon angelia at 10sexyapples.com
Sat Aug 21 01:49:35 UTC 2010

Logic is guiding me to create a custom post type called product, and
assigning a custom taxonomy 'also called product' to it. I believe that I
have seen this method recommended in some instances, but, wanted to do a
double check with those more knowledgeable about the inner workings of WP
before I committed to it. In my limited knowledge, I can't see where this
identical naming would cause any problems, other than repetitive permalinks
if not handled correctly, but, better safe than sorry~ Can anyone confirm
for me that this is the way to go?