[wp-hackers] Amount of estimated developer-hours in Wordpress?

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 20:13:26 UTC 2010

> 34 Person years means it would take 34 people one year or one person
> 34 years to do that. Correct?

if i was that one person, my motivation would begin to affect my
productivity well before the 34 years was up, thus increasing the number of
years required, which would decrease my productivity even further, thereby
meaning it would take an infinite number of years to complete the project.

brooks's law on the other hand states that "adding manpower to a late
software project makes it later".

therefore whichever route you take the project will never be finished.

just thought i'd warn you :-)