[wp-hackers] Best practice: custom registration form

Lox lox.dev at knc.nc
Tue Aug 10 21:50:42 UTC 2010

2010/8/5 Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>:
> Well, it kinda has to. All the logic for creating users and logged
> them in and such always passes through wp-login.php.
>
> Still, you can put the redirect option on there and wp-login will
> redirect them to anywhere you like after it does its thing.

Hi,

As my customer wanted AJAX I couldn't use that function and had to
duplicate wp-login.php. (wordpress definitly needs a better, more
flexible login/registration implementation)

One thing I do not understand in wp-login.php, is the $interim_login
var usage. What is it for ?
(http://paste2.org/p/945736 line 248)

Regards

--