[wp-hackers] Showing unpublished posts to the public (best practices request)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Fri Aug 6 01:52:32 UTC 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Erik Froese wrote:
> I'm working on the Assignment Desk plugin with Daniel Bachhuber from
> the Edit-Flow project. The goal of the AD plugin is to bring the
> community into the virtual newsroom (aka Wordpress) and encourage
> community participation and contribution. To that end we're using the
> Edit-Flow plugin on WP 2.9.2 We cannot use 3.x since we're writing
> this in conjunction of a commercial entity that hasn't yet scheduled
> that upgrade (and probably won't for a good long while).

When I heard about AD I was really excited.  Now to hear that it'll not be coded for WP3.0 is very depressing.  I know I'm not answering your question (I don't know a good answer nor I would) but if all possible I would lobby for them to upgrade as a critical path. Otherwise you'll probably be doing many things sub-optimally and you'll create legacy issues you would prefer not to create.

I know that's probably not realistic but JMTCW.

-Mike