[wp-hackers] Customizing the view of custom taxonomies

Scott Bressler sbressler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 09:13:12 UTC 2010

Thanks for the responses. I know that I will need to create my own metabox
to display the terms that appear in a post on the post page. However, I also
need to customized way of editing the terms available in the taxonomy
itself. As I mentioned before, I need to only show a drop-down of choices
for the "type" of the term which I will then place (behind the scenes) into
the description field for the term. I also don't need to prompt for a slug.
And there are other customizations I will probably do, as well.

So what I'm asking is if it's possible to edit and customize the UI for a
custom taxonomy or should I be avoiding taxonomies altogether for this
plugin?

Thanks,
Scott