[wp-hackers] [GSOC2010]WPmove [wpurl] tag replace

Piyush Mishra admin at oxymaniac.com
Thu Apr 8 04:32:21 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have proposed WPmove as a plugin/core
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2010/piyushmishra/t127067242689
wp version : http://piyushmishra.com/blog/ideas/wpmove.html

During my chats with various mentors I came across this issue that to avoid
the need of such complex WPmove, we can switch to the basic concept of
making a universal tag say [wpurl] and place it whereever we need the url to
wp. While using the url in posts, we can ask the user if he/she wants to
have the [wpurl] tag replace for url or keep the static url up. this will
help in reducing the issues and efforts for future versions of WP. ( this
Point is very vital and must be considered even if the proposal is rejected)

I thought that this needs some good discussion and thus put it up here.
please post your feedbacks

--
Regards
Piyush Mishra