[wp-hackers] GSOC prososal - Increase Accessibility

sutharshan balachandren sutharshan02 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 19:20:36 UTC 2010

*Detailed proposal*

Most of the websites have two different web pages for mobile browers and for
Normal browsers.
when i access my blog through my mobile phone its still the same page, had
more difficulties in accessing pages and specially administration area.
Also JavaScript is not working in the mobile phone as well.

What I’m suggesting is that by having two different interfaces for both
Normal and mobile browsers will be very usefull for all websites. Therefore
by providing this feature in wp, will give more benifits to all the users,
since most of the people are now using mobile browsers due to the tight work
schedule.

*Whats the main benifit in this plug-in than the currenty available
plug-ins?*

This plug in provides both user view and also the administration area as
well. In the administration area the important functionalities will be
included. Not all the functions that the normal wp admin has. Functions
related to posts, moderating comments,links and so on.

Other main different is that most of the available plugins are only themes.
But this application is not a theme. Its a base api for mobile which
inherits core api and provides access to the major functionalities. Since
its a base api, its possible to add new themes for mobile web based on the
base api. Therefore each web can have their own theme or anyone can develop
new theme for the mobile web. Since it have simplified interface, the mobile
web theme development will be much easier as well.

*Expected benifits*

1. Website can be accessed in any mobile phones without any difficulties
2. Easy and simplified interface without any javascript which makes
navigation easy.
3. Will increase the amount of visitors of the website by allowing the
mobile users to access websites designed using wp.
4. Blog from anywhere (using mobiles)
5. Speed access. (Since basic functionalities are included in the mobile
site)
6. Increase the accessibility for mobile viewers as well.
7. Flexible and easy theme designing and modification.

Accessibility is the most important for any website to be better among other
website. Therefore it will benifit more for all the users who are using wp.

Its just my opinion. Give your suggestions to enhance the idea.

Thank you.

--
with love

Sutharshan