[wp-hackers] wp_nav_menu too simplistic?

John Bloch jbloch at olympianetworks.com
Tue Apr 6 19:16:54 UTC 2010

Even without that pre-built functionality, there are still the normal hooks
that you have when updating a page. Nobody said it's easy to code such a
plugin; I just said that it was possible.

Something that would greatly simplify the process is using a
post_meta value in each page's entry containing the corresponding menu item
ID(s). That way, when you update the page, you can check the values that
should be the same to see if they have changed, and if so, update them
accordingly. That would be things like hierarchy or static link, etc.

John P. Bloch